The Pearson CC website collects and holds certain data on its members for the continued function of the website and to provide services such as, but not limited to:
- Event Registrations
- Regular email newsletters
- Comments on posts or events
- Image galleries and other uploaded media assets
Where relevant, consent to collect data is sought where collection is taking place, for example when you register for an event you are giving consent for us to collect that data.
We may process historical data at times in order to better understand our members’ needs and to provide a better service going forward.
Where an external party is granted access to data it is always with the following things in mind:
- WiIl the party require the data to perform the desired function on our behalf?
- Will the party keep the data after the function has been performed?
- The party has been given explicit access to the data for a specific purpose.
- The member’s whose data is concerned have given their permission for the data to be handled by the party.